Friday, September 9, 2011

My first DIY project.

I completed my first DIY project and it wasn't a complete disaster.
It only took me three days weeks to finish, but I'm pretty proud of it.

Here is the before:
I saw this little gem in the corner of Goodwill for $15 and I just couldn't pass it up.
I mean, look at it! It was pretty dang precious before I took a whack at it.



Then...I finally got around to sanding and priming.
Yes, I did it inside our apartment because it was five million degrees outside. I felt like Dexter with all that plastic.



Now...the final result!

I painted it a light grey and spray painted the original handles white.



I even decoupaged the insides of the drawers with scrapbook paper. I know, I know, you can go ahead and "oooh" and "ahhh."



The finished product in my entry way.
I eventually want to put it in our bedroom since that is what I painted it to match, but our tiny lil apt. doesn't allow that. So, until then, here is where it will lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment