Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

We are officially in the Philippines!

Wednesday we awoke at a whopping 4:30 AM, finished packing up last minute items, took our cars to our houses, and headed up to the airport with our family.

It was a sad and tearful goodbye, but it's nice to know that we will still be able to see and communicate with our families via the internet. Technology is outstanding.

We left OKC at 8:30 AM and then landed in Dallas, TX at 9:30. After a three hour layover we boarded our 14 HOUR long flight to Seoul, Korea.

I will say that the thing I was dreading the most about this trip was sitting still on a plane for half a day, but it was actually not that bad. Yes, I said it. It was somewhat bearable.

There was a big selection of newly released movies to watch, games to play, and music to listen to. But, being the movie lover I am, I had already seen most of them (which was a bummer) but I did get to watch a few I hadn't seen. I watched Soul Surfer (and yes I teared up a few times on a plane to Korea despite the utter cheesiness of the movie), Rio (precious), Hanna (intense and violent), and about 30 min. of Beastly because that's all I could stand.

We also got to eat two meals which were surprisingly tasty!

The only downside...I only slept for two hours of the trip.
That means I was awake for 12 hours of the flight. Ugh.

But, nevertheless, we survived and landed at the Incheon airport in Seoul, Korea at about 4 PM (Korean time) which is 2AM our time.
I was pretty much a sore, walking zombie. Not cute.

We walked around the Incheon airport and ate some food during our four hour layover before we finally boarded our final flight to Cebu.

After our last four hour flight, we landed in Cebu at 12 AM (Philippine time).

A group of Give a Goat workers greeted us outside the airport with a sign and then we loaded up all our suitcases (which thankfully made it) and headed to our little house.

They showed us around our new home and then we said our goodbyes until tomorrow so we could get some sleep!

So, thank God we made it safely and we have a nice place to stay!

Next up, unpacking and settling of our house to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment