Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fleurs

Welp, I've decided not to hire a florist and instead take on the task of making all the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces myself.

This is going to save me mucho dinero as well as allow me to stretch my creativeness.

I had no idea what flowers I wanted to use or how I was going to go about this...but I think I've narrowed it down!

The other night I was forced to go to Michael's with David to get some paper because Hob Lob is closed on Sundays. This was a weird experience because I have not been to Michael's in literally ten years and I work at Hob Lob so I felt like a traitor.

While we were there we looked around just to see what they had and to our surprise found these great flowers that both of us loved! The best part?...they were 40% off!

We went back last night and bought pretty much all of them!

I think the centerpieces are going to contain three of these green hydrangea bushes with a black gerber daisy in the middle and sprigs/peacock feathers sticking out all over.

We bought all the supplies to make them so I am going to start experimenting with some arrangements soon and I'll post the results when I'm done.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment