Thursday, July 30, 2009

One thing accomplished!

So trying to plan a wedding while your fiance is on the other side of the country and you are on a tour bus most of the day is not very successful....but.....I found THE dress!

I only looked at two places, (Group USA and David's Bridal) but I found one that is beautiful...so I went ahead and bought it! 

Originally I said I wanted a simple mermaid style gown that was form fitting with little beading and such....well I definitely bought a dress that is exactly opposite. lol. 

I don't want to post any pics because you will just have to come to my wedding to see it on me but I will tell you a little about it!

It's a white strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline (fav. part!) and it's very form fitting until the waist and then it poofs out some (not too much) with some beading and flowers and such.

That was probably the most vague explanation ever...but it's perfect and I love it. 

I told myself that I didn't want a full skirt until I tried it on...it was everything I have always thought a wedding dress should be. I called David immediately afterward freaking out a little because I had just bought the dress on a whim and it wasn't what I originally wanted...but I was surprisingly reassured when he told me that he was so glad I ended up buying a poofy dress because that is what he has always envisioned me wearing and your wedding day is the one day you get to feel like a princess so you should look like one as well. 

Also, it had to be a sign that I needed to buy the dress when I tried it on and it fit me perfectly! No hemming, alterations, or special orders for me! (yay for saving a little money!)

So there you have it...one thing down....so many more to go!

Here are a couple pictures of the dresses that were definite NO's just for fun. Enjoy. 


Very pretty, but a little too mermaidish...

Courtney was obviously bored waiting for me to change...

Not a fan of any color on wedding dresses...just me....

Loved the top, but the bottom looked like something my Grandma would wear...

This one was just dumpy...

No comments:

Post a Comment